Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Hanging out in Monterey

I know it's been a few months since I posted anything, but we've been staying pretty close to home.  We've made a few trips to Monterey and one to Reno for a concert. 

Monterey was great, it always is.  We saw Humpback whales from the shore! They were breaching and lunge feeding for a few hours and were not very far out in the bay at all. As a matter of fact, two of them swam inside the buoy markers that warn the boats to stay away form the rocks near the beach. I'll post a picture of those two. I only had my little point-and-shoot camera with me so I couldn't get super pictures,but you can see how close they were to the shore. The last time we went down there, in March, there were gray whales in the bay. Those are harder to spot and take pictures of because most of their body stays under the water- you just see the "blow" as they exhale air from their blowhole.



No comments:

Post a Comment