Thursday, September 8, 2016

France - Paris!

As I write this entry, I'm lying in a charming room in a hotel in....Paris! I'm enjoying some extra energy while Mike takes a little nap.  We didn't get much sleep this time, I think we really got spoiled by flying first class on our last trip. We weren't that lucky this time - not enough frequent flyer miles. :-(

We flew into Paris around 11am and made it to our hotel around noon. Thankfully the room was ready for us. It's warm here so I needed to change clothes before we set out to find a snack and look around. We found a bakery and had a yummy baguette sandwich with ham and cheese and then walked to the Luxembourg Gardens. Loads of people there enjoying the afternoon, but it's a really big park so it didn't seem crowded at all..  We did notice that everyone, young and old, seemed to be reading a book.  No phones, Kindles, iPads or anything electronic- just good old books.

We headed back to the hotel because Mike was getting a serious case of "the nods" by now. We saw a protest march on our way back, professors wanting more money I think, though my French is not great so it's possible I may be wrong. We also found a messenger bag at a little shop, I've been wanting one for the camera as an alternative to the backpack we usually carry. So even though I wasn't planning to shop in Paris, we didn't even make it one day without buying something. 👜

I'm starting to nod a little myself now, so I think I'll give in and just take a nap too. We have lots of  stuff planned for tomorrow so we need to get some rest. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment