Saturday, December 12, 2020

Travel and COVID - my thoughts

What a year 2020 has been - everyone around the world has had their lives disrupted by the COVID-19 virus. My condolences to those who have lost loved ones due to the virus, and I encourage those who are depressed or just plain weary to find support to help you through these times. Whether it's family, friends (FaceTime and Zoom chats) or a professional counselor, please form a support group for yourself. The worst thing you can do is to shut yourself off completely from other people. 

I work in the medical field and I can tell you we are quite weary, especially as we come closer to the one year mark. Hopefully the new vaccines will have long-lasting effects and we can return to our pre-COVID lives and routines with a greater appreciation for life. 

I started a travel blog because I love to travel, I look forward to seeing new places and experiencing different cultures. My life has definitely been enriched by our experiences. My husband and I love our time away as a time to decompress from the stress of our jobs, to relax, have fun, and reconnect with each other. I remain hopeful that we will be able to travel again, perhaps in 2022 if not 2021.

No comments:

Post a Comment