Saturday, May 19, 2012

My turn to drive....finally!

I finally convinced Mike to be the navigator for a bit so I could try my hand at driving. We left the Cliffs, heading for the Burren Birds of Prey Center. So this is a narrow road and the first time for me driving on the left, and a stick shift which I haven't driven for awhile. I circled the parking lot to get a feel for it, then we hit the road! As it turns out, this particular road has a section called "corkscrew hill". And it lived up to it's name, believe me! I'd been driving 5 minutes and found myself on a series of hairpin turns. I won't comment on Mike's reaction to my driving, but let's just say we were both glad to reach our destination. It was the longest 24km I've ever driven! Sorry no pics, I was busy and Mike was having a nervous breakdown.

1 comment:

  1. Gives you a whole new sense of appreciation for the guy behind the wheel doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete